Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup light or dark brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
2 egg whites
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and processed
2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 tsp. baking soda 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Beat the brown sugar and butter together until smooth.
2. Add and beat in the egg whites and vanilla extract.
3. Add and mix in the chickpeas and chocolate chips.
4. Add and mix in the flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
5. Drop 1 Tbs. of dough onto a cookie sheet and gently pat down. Place the cookies an inch apart.
6. Bake at 350F for 11 to 13 minutes.
Adapted from Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld